Saskatchewan has 37 purpose-built EcoCentres in major communities, with nearly 130 drop-off points province-wide. These are convenient drop-off points for what we call small generators. A do-it-yourself mechanic, a farmer or small business may have smaller quantities of used oil, filters, used antifreeze, and oil/antifreeze/diesel exhaust fluid (DEF) plastic containers that can be easily transported to a nearby collection facility, and which may be too small for registered collectors to pick up. For the facility nearest you, type your community name in the search box on this page, click “search”, and then click on the interactive map that comes up. Or call SARRC’s toll free telephone number at 1-877-645-7275.
Drop Off Courtesies
As a courtesy to your nearest collection point or EcoCentre, please remember:
- CALL AHEAD FIRST. SARRC does updates regularly, but locations and information can change, and a location may not let us know right away. Not all locations accept all used oil and antifreeze materials. The materials a facility will accept are indicated on the Interactive Map and list when you do a search using the template, above left.
- Confirm with the facility:
- if it is still a free service
- the materials and amounts accepted
- the actual drop-off location, hours of operation, and availability of a drum pump if needed
- if the amount of your used oil material is too large for your local facility, contact a Registered Collector who can arrange pick-up at your place.
- Please return used oil, filters, antifreeze, and related containers only during the facility’s operating hours.
- Ensure your used oil is not contaminated with such things as water, anti-freeze, paint or solvent.
- For the recycling and disposal of household and other hazardous waste, visit www.recyclesaskatchewan.ca or contact your local municipal office to inquire if they have a program.