Saskatchewan has a network of nearly 300 year-round collection facilities and
in almost 200 communities. These are convenient
drop-off points for what we call small generators. A do-it-yourself
mechanic, a farmer or small business may have smaller quantities of
used oil, filters and plastic containers that can be easily
transported to a nearby collection facility, and which may be too
small for registered collectors to pick up. For the facility
nearest you, click on the Interactive Map. Or call SARRC’s
toll free telephone number at 1-877-645-7275.
As a courtesy to your nearest collection point or EcoCentre, please
- Not all locations accept all three materials (oil, filters,
containers). The materials a facility will accept are indicated on
the Interactive Map.
- Call ahead first. Confirm with the facility:
- if it is a free service,
- the materials and amounts accepted
- the actual drop-off location, hours of operation, and
availability of a drum pump if needed
- if the amount of your used oil material is too large for your
local facility, contact a Registered Collector who can arrange pick-up at your
- Please return used oil
materials only during the facility’s operating
- Ensure your used oil is not contaminated with such things as
water, anti-freeze, paint or solvent.
- For the recycling and disposal of household and other hazardous
waste, visit www.recyclesaskatchewan.ca or contact your
local municipal office to inquire if they have a program.
Collection facilities &
EcoCentres helping Saskatchewan Make Every Drop